Foorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold Showers

3 posters

Go down

Cold Showers Empty Cold Showers

Post  KenKeff Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:57 pm

"Taking a cold shower sucks. Oh my it's horrible. When I'm getting up early in the morning and have to get to work/school, and I'm groggy and tired, and really comfy in bed, the very last thing I want to do is to take a cold shower. But hey, I do it.

Now look at it like this. Every morning I force myself to do something VERY unpleasant and VERY undesirable. It goes against all my instincts and my brain tries to ration it's way out of it with excuses. But I know from before that my brain is selfish, and of course it tries to convince me otherwise, therefore I disregard the excuses right away.
By doing so, day after day, my mentality changes. Instead of "shit, an unpleasant situation, better avoid it" I think "Shit, an unpleasant situation, better get over with it. I did a ice cold shower earlier today, so of course I can do 20 situps". If you force yourself through that enough times you will come to know that every time you go through with the situation, you never regret. Even the showers - after you get out of that cold shower you feel so energetic and powerful, and was always worth the unpleasant shower. Or that jog. Or that project. Or cleaning your room. Or approaching that girl.
These (and many more) are things that sounds like an awesome thing to have done, but actually doing it requires some determined mind. And with a determined mind the unpleasant sensations become negligible, and actually desirable. I actually lied in my opening paragraphs. I love my cold showers. I look forwards to them. They're barely unpleasant anymore because I'm so in love with the result of going through them. And it applies to the rest of my life.

So get on it. Ease your way into it. Start your showers warm, then do a minute half way to coldest, then a minute at the coldest. If that's too rough for you for now don't be to harsh on yourself. start easier, but make sure that every week you push your self further. Because that is the essential part of it all. Pushing yourself.
I can promise you; follow through properly with cold showers, and you will start to love to push yourself, and by that time you are in control of your future."
KenKeff
KenKeff
Admin

https://patrick.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cold Showers Empty Re: Cold Showers

Post  rrobot rom Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Sõjaväes nv. peale korralikku sauna teen alati ühe kohustusliku cold showeri. alien
rrobot rom
rrobot rom
Draakon

Back to top Go down

Post  :uss Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Täna oleks ääre()pealt jääauku vajunud, aga lõin vedelaks. Saunast nimelt. Kellelgi kogemusi on päris karastava veega?
:uss
:uss
Süstemikala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum